Culture & Placemaking Social Media Assistant
As part of our ambitious plans for culture, creativity and regeneration, we are now looking to appoint a social media assistant to work closely with the RDA’s Culture and Placemaking team, partners and stakeholders to:
• Work closely with the borough’s rich arts and cultural sector, visitor attractions and diverse businesses to generate engaging content for our social media channels.
• Create content to support the team in raising the profile of the borough. We want to:
· Attract new visitors to the borough and encourage them to stay longer,
· Encourage creative businesses to set up home here and;
· Build audiences for cultural programmes from across the borough and beyond.
• Apply insights and analyse content to identify what content does and doesn’t work
• Liaise with the wider marketing team to plan and execute content and administrate websites if required..
• Engage in and articulate hyperlocal place based identities, including high streets and town centre districts.
• Help us tell residents and visitors Rochdale’s story as a great place to live, work and play!
BACKGROUND TO THE ROLE
This is a big moment. Almost a decade of regeneration is reshaping our place, delivering new transport, leisure, culture and business opportunities with culture and heritage at its core.
We have exciting new strategies in place for Creativity, Cultural Assets, Visitor Economy and Events. We have the investment to help us to achieve our goal of being a creatively ambitious borough where our diverse communities enjoy equal access to experience; creating, working and learning through great art and culture. It is a vibrant destination that residents are proud to shout about, and visitors want to discover. It will bring economic growth and social benefit to residents across the borough.
As you join our team, major capital programmes will be underway for Rochdale Town Hall, Touchstones Rochdale and Heywood Civic Centre, a new public realm is being created, creative co-working and studio facilities are opening and plans to join everything up through a new Cultural District and Creative Cluster are taking shape.
Inspired by our roots as the home of the cooperative movement, our Arts Council England Priority Place plans include our new Culture Compact, Culture Coop (Creative People and Places project) and a Local Cultural Education Partnership, and our exciting Festival and Events programme, which will offer more opportunity than ever before to connect residents, artists and visitors.
We are about to invest in a new digital platform ‘Rochdale Creates’, a directory of Rochdale’s creative and cultural organisations and a key repository for information on events and activities being delivered by the sector. We are also planning to develop a new platform This is Rochdale to support the wider Visitor Economy and Placemaking priorities.
We want you to seek out the stories and communicate them in an exciting dynamic way to residents and people who have yet to discover all that Rochdale has to offer.
If you have any questions or would like an informal chat please contact:
Alison Salas, Senior Marketing Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org 07946 641588
Please click here to apply